The so called doomsday was here; some sort of light was wandering around
the sky and sucking in one human being after another. We were afraid,
but getting ready to be the next ones, and still wondering whether and
what to take with us, and would it make any sense..Someone out of the
bunch said that it won't, because everything There would be much
different as it is here. Fooling ourselves that it would be safer, we
got closer together (although we are always by ourselves as beings;
and even though connected in the very basics, two 'we' or five 'we'
doesn't make anything bigger than there already is in the universe), and
we waited for our turn to come. And it did. Fear was somewhere in the
air..My grandma who believed in God for so many years and who has been
praying for so many years, turned to me loking worried, and said that
'we are just like CUPS'; we can be FILLED with any thing that Someone
wishes us to be filled with; we can be EMPTIED; we are USED, we can be be
BROKEN AT ANY TIME and we can also be POLISHED..
And then we already were in the 'process' and there were some other feelings apart from the fears related with the UNKNOWN. And why were we even assuming that everything is so SAFE, GUARANTEED AND OBVIOUS in general and that something like 'This' could never happen? This was INEXPLICABLE, but so was everything else in the world, although it all seemed HABITUAL, ORDINARY...
Then everything suddenly grew bigger, the trees, the pile of stones, and Someone, looking similar to human being commanded us to JUMP down the pile. And not thinking much, pushing aside the fears, remembering that at some points in my life I already have had to 'jump', I jumped as a pure feeling of RELIANCE rushed through every cell of mine.
Then I woke up..
And as an EMPTY CUP I started to reck and feel EVERYTHING that was going to fill me up at this very moment, today and onwards..Regardless of what it was going to be, I hoped that a small part of it always would be the RELIANCE...and that I never looked at things and happenings in this world as at habitual, obvious and ordinary..
Author (text&photo): Kristine Lejina
And then we already were in the 'process' and there were some other feelings apart from the fears related with the UNKNOWN. And why were we even assuming that everything is so SAFE, GUARANTEED AND OBVIOUS in general and that something like 'This' could never happen? This was INEXPLICABLE, but so was everything else in the world, although it all seemed HABITUAL, ORDINARY...
Then everything suddenly grew bigger, the trees, the pile of stones, and Someone, looking similar to human being commanded us to JUMP down the pile. And not thinking much, pushing aside the fears, remembering that at some points in my life I already have had to 'jump', I jumped as a pure feeling of RELIANCE rushed through every cell of mine.
Then I woke up..
And as an EMPTY CUP I started to reck and feel EVERYTHING that was going to fill me up at this very moment, today and onwards..Regardless of what it was going to be, I hoped that a small part of it always would be the RELIANCE...and that I never looked at things and happenings in this world as at habitual, obvious and ordinary..
Author (text&photo): Kristine Lejina
No comments:
Post a Comment