Apr 20, 2015

MORNINGS. YARDS. AND THANKS.


I woke up in the morning with bright and hot sunbeams on my face and with a little muscle pain after the yesterday's workout. Aaahh and aauuch. And 'wow!' for the vivid beauty outside my window. I feel it all so much. This means I am alive. THANKS for this day I've been given!
One of the greatest privileges during my stay at my parent's house in the countryside is the opportunity to go outside in the yard just as I roll out of my bed; if there's a colder weather, I put on someone's jacket (others' jackets - either my dad's, mom's, brothers', grandma's or friends'- are always better.. maybe this is the way we, the shy and the introvert persons, give ourselves a hug from them..or just ..just simply, without a trite explanation...), wearing some slippers or in the summer - a los pies descalzos* (barefoot), and then I take my full cup of tea/coffee and go somewhere in the yard to continue to be silent - on a rock, a log, a branch - until I'm fully aware of what I'm supposed to be aware: The Being. The Present. The Miracle.
While I'm living in the city, my balcony is my yard. And so I let the balcony to replace the function of the yard - I let it to conjure up the sweet atmosphere: a fresh air and a fleeting fragrance of the first spring flowers blossoming in the park just across the street, the sunbeams on my face and some sounds of the nature breaking through the city noise (and there's also some very nice tenor breaking through my laptop - that's Bocelli - my companion of my late-creative-evening).
I cannot express this in English..but we, Latvians have this one beautiful word that inhale and exhale makes in my mind: PALDIES (meaning: Thank you) - inhale makes 'PAL' and exhale makes 'DIES'. In English it would be like this: inhale makes 'THANK' and exhale makes 'YOU'. Of course, this works if you use your imagination, and as I have no problems with that, I choose to believe that every breath I take, sounds like Thank You. This THANK goes to the very fact of being and being here as a conscious and loving person as well as for love, beauty and miracles all around me..
Therefore, every time I remember that I'm breathing, I let the inhale and exhale sound like a silent (but in it's very essence a loud and humble) "Thank You"!
Thank you all, and may your day be full of miracles.

Author (text, picture): Kristine Lejina

No comments: