Apr 27, 2015

THE RIVER. THE WATERFALL. AND THE OBSEVER

      There I was again - standing on the river's shore, probably looking like a ghost, and listening to the sounds of the Nature. My eyes were observing the surroundings very calmly and I was breathing almost without any signs - maybe because my attention, that was focused on the magical surroundings, had hushed myself up completely. 
      Few hours ago I had broken one of the principles I was laughing at this week: 'to catch up with something that's still not done'. Why should someone catch up with something..And there I was in this sunny day - spending few hours to pick up herb tea that I did not manage to do last year. I had to catch up. Hahhah. Yeah..I laughed about myself..It is very often that a tiny element of the opposite breaks into my actions  - just to remind that, although things can be simple, not everything's so elementary.
     A very lazy day. So calm. Nobody wants to do anything big. And, you know what? - it is not always necessary..
     My grandma, who had finished peeling potatoes, with her eyes half-closed in the bright sunlight, was telling me another story. And I was thinking - how strange it is that people tell stories so passionately about something that has happened a very long time ago. Well, it is quite alright. But we must not forget about the current, to feel the moment, the warm sunlight and mild wind touching our skin: We. Are. Here.
- 'But how do you think, are all the people there, wandering as ghosts at the cemetary? I think that they reshape into some other form of existance..somewhere..in the Universe."
- 'Yeah, I think that's a nonsense..Those are probably the memories that are wandering there..'
Me and grandma respectively were reasoning.
     A little later in the same evening we, the three young people, were sitting on a great pile of rocks like some pigeons, and discussing the 'big things'. Hah. We were talking about dreams, subconsciousness, how mind itself is limited and that a human being is the consciousness that is conscious about all the things that are happening in his life and about all the things that mind is reasoning so reasonably or unreasonably..That the mind is just a tool, and that a human being is something greater, something much more vast..
     We finished our discussions. I took the cell phone that was dropped somewhere in the grass, and the clock was showing exactly 20:20 (I kissed the screen.. silly- right?). Then we went to enjoy this warm spring evening somehow more practically - Men went fishing. Women - playing badminton.
     Then I stood there, on the shore of the river. Again. I sat down on the half-ruined boat. I was watching the ducks rushing down from the sky into the river. The reflection of houses and trees in the water. Dogs' barking. Then I took a deeper breath after such a long period of short breaths, and then I felt the scent of spring that is so hard to describe. In front of me was that calm river that turned into a waterfall further on the right, behind the bridge. The last serious thought I thought that evening was that if I was the consciousness that is able to observe itsleft from the side, then my mind and my thoughts were like that waterfall that was falling down there, and many, many truths were falling down there, but I (the consciousness who was sitting there by the river and observing my mind - the river and the waterfall) couldn't hear all of it, just some sepparate sounds, phrases..And all that it meant, was that I needed to return into this natural observing position in order to hear more new sounds in this waterfall that maybe will be put together as a word, phrase, a sentence, a chapter, a story at some point in my life.

No comments: