May 6, 2015

NO SMARTPHONE, NO WI-FI

      My smartphone broke down some time ago. "All the important data may disappear, while fixing it..". My pictures, my contacts! Oh..But on the second though..Oh, well! Those are only things; the past; forget it! Life gave me another cellphone which I use only for calls and text messages. The feelings when I left the Customer Service center was like leaving a backpack with 10 kg of sugar packages in it. You could even keep the 'sugar', I thought to myself. I will find other sweetness and in other ways.
       Few days later I logged in Facebook to check out whether there were some news or messages for me. None. Oh, what an interesting post I see: "NO-WIFI. Talk to each other. CALL MOM [..]". SO I DID. So I did. Almost immediately I took the phone and called my mom.  Now I have reached this stage in my life - when I want have some meaningful/ serious conversation with someone, I prepare myself to listen in DOUBLE: TO THE PERSON I'M GOING TO TALK WITH AND TO MYSELF. 
       I did not regret any second. We told each other what had happened to us during the time we hadn't talked. And, of course, we started to talk about job..Then in the most serious part of the conversation (where the mind had provoked my heart which was ready to weep any moment) my Mom made a joke about one of the things that was the most unpleasant in this topic.. And what happened next? We laughed for almost a minute without cease. And then? And then again. And again. But wait...was my worry really this funny after all? This laugh was like a Buddha laugh - transcendental, like expressing that all these material worries,- come on, admit it!- are so inessential (You realize it just when You reflect on things while riding the Charles's Wain). Yes, they really can ruin Your day. Probably the awareness of the suffering material things can cause is that makes You to rearrange Your life in order to gradually diminish the influence and attraction to material things hence also diminishing the suffering they can cause. 
      I think it is very essential to diminish these worries about and attachment to material things in order to find Your true self in a more higher and meaningful level..How and how intensely is up to You ..

No comments: